Wednesday, January 6, 2010

While You Were Sleeping...

Anyone who follows me on Twitter or is my friend on Facebook, has likely noticed the odd hours during which I usually publish blog entries. My brain is still healing (very slowly) from a concussion/mild traumatic brain injury (mtbi) from a couple years ago. This limits how much time I am able to read and write (or do things requiring analysis) in any given day. I still love to write though, so when my head allows, I like to jot down some thoughts about whatever is on my mind. This usually happens after midnight, and before 6 am. My best guess as to why, is that it's quiet at night. Anytime things are going on around me, my brain seems to work harder to separate everything, so when late night arrives, my creative side comes to light as most distractions have gone away, even though it is usually headaches keeping me awake that late. Go figure. I generally send out the link to the blog later in the day on Twitter too, since normal people are usually sleeping when I post my thoughts. On Tuesday, I just started that tweet with 'While You Were Sleeping:" and Amanda Rykoff suggested I should just go with that for the blog name. While I do hope that I can have something resembling a normal sleep schedule again in my near future, for now, "While You Were Sleeping: Random Thoughts from Liz" does seem like the perfect title!

Oddly enough, I am about to post this blurb while most of you are sleeping, or wishing that you were still sleeping while smacking the snooze button on your alarm. Goodnight from me, and good luck with your day!

Posted via web from trueliz's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment